NSW DER Laptops

A forum for teachers that are using the NSW Digital Education Revolution (DER) laptops

You are not connected. Please login or register

log on as administrator

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 log on as administrator on Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:09 pm

Whilst exploring some of the adobe software i am getting the message to open the application as an administrator or all the functions may not work. In particular captivate 4. I was playing with fireworks and creating rollover images and wanted to video my process but I can't seem to record . Is this administor issue a real problem for all us pleb teachers!! Basketball

View user profile

2 Re: log on as administrator on Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:39 pm

This is from the Teacher Rollout Information Pack (file available on the Intranet) under Functional Constraints:

Adobe Captivate:
Adobe Captivate produces a dialogue box that states that administration privileges are
required for full functionality of the application. Adobe has been informed and will
address the issue in a software update in the near future.

3 adobe administrator on Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:59 am

Thanks simon, i guess we will just have to wait until then? What can you do ???? Basketball

View user profile

4 Re: log on as administrator on Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:05 am

I haen't had any problems with running any of the software - but I forget which machine I have played on and whether I had admin rights

View user profile

5 adobe softwatre on Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:59 am

g'day all,

Admin rights aside i find some of the adobe software (namely adobe media player and adobe premier) inexplicably froze up. pale
Annoying when you are trying to come to grips with unfamiliar software. scratch
Hopefully this will be fixed in a future update/image.

vincent

View user profile

6 smart board update on Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:40 am

after a great smartboard inservice day on monday we found out we needed to download toolkit 2 as the laptops only have toolkits 1. I did the download from the website with no worries but guess what happened with the install!!

administrator strikes again!! Basketball

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum