NSW DER Laptops

A forum for teachers that are using the NSW Digital Education Revolution (DER) laptops

You are not connected. Please login or register

Laptop will not start

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Laptop will not start on Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:51 am

The laptop has three blue lights at the front and is connected to power source anyway.

Nothing happens... I have even removed the battery.

The machine just sits there... refusing to interact. I have tried the metallic power button, had a go at ctrl-alt-del, clicked the trackpad buttons etc etc to no avail.

Am I the first to kill one of these! Very Happy

View user profile

2 hmm........... on Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:30 am

Hey mate, welcome to the forum Very Happy

Doesn't sound good. You have pretty much done everything I would recommend, but here are a couple of ideas that are worth a shot:

1. Try leaving the battery unplugged, but the charger plugged in, then try pressing the silver power button.

2. If that doesn't work, try reconnecting the battery, leaving the charger in, and hold down the silver power button for at least 10 seconds.

3. If neither 1 nor 2 work, bring it to school on Monday and throw it at Andrew Razz

I wonder if the three simultaenous blue lights indicate a hard-disk failure? Anyone know?

View user profile http://nswder.forumotion.net

3 You are my new GURU on Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:24 am

Congratulations mate cheers

With the battery removed and the power cord in the machine has RETURNED TO LIFE after a 10 sec button press. I thought it best to try all your strategies ASAP - I am looking forward to testing Andrew's reflexes.

As yet the newly active lenovo shows no signs of a hankering for human flesh .... nor is it attempting to start a religion Razz ... or does Microsoft count as God?

Next I will attempt a battery re-engagement ...

cheers

Ken

View user profile

4 Complete Success on Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:05 am

Everything is running well again with the battery connected.

View user profile

5 Re: Laptop will not start on Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:43 pm

I'm glad I could deliver salvation Smile

View user profile http://nswder.forumotion.net

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum