NSW DER Laptops

A forum for teachers that are using the NSW Digital Education Revolution (DER) laptops

You are not connected. Please login or register

getting the screen res to 1024X576

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 getting the screen res to 1024X576 on Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:44 pm

g'day all,

I've intoduced myself and now busy writing this post. Suspect

This is weird but I found out by accident if you plug in your laptop to a data projector, the laptop's screen res defaults to 1024X576 allowing you to see the whole desktop without that 'orrible scrolling up and down.

This screen res will 'stick' even if you unplug the data projector. You will lose it if you try another screen res .....until you find another data projector. What a Face

regards
vincent

View user profile

2 Re: getting the screen res to 1024X576 on Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:37 am

There are two desktop icons, can't remember what they are called (am on my iPhone at the moment) but they have red and yellow icons. One changes the res so that you don't need to scroll the desktop, the other changes it back.
You can also manually set the res b right clicking anywhere on the desktop and chosing personalise.
Hope this helps.

View user profile http://nswder.forumotion.net

3 Re: getting the screen res to 1024X576 on Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:11 pm

duane.galle wrote:There are two desktop icons, can't remember what they are called (am on my iPhone at the moment) but they have red and yellow icons. One changes the res so that you don't need to scroll the desktop, the other changes it back.
You can also manually set the res b right clicking anywhere on the desktop and chosing personalise.
Hope this helps.

The Setxga shortcut doesn't actually work for everyone, Duane. It doesn't work for me, and I can't manually set the res either. The only option for me is the 1024 x 576.
pls forgive the crappy iphone quality
I can think of at least one other person on Twitter that has the same problem.

View user profile

4 Re: getting the screen res to 1024X576 on Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:36 pm

Try pressing and holding the Windows Key and then pressing P until the first option is selected.

View user profile http://det.nsw.edu.au

5 screen res on Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:06 am

click on F11 - this is a toggle switch for switching from one res to another, works most of the time for me. cheers lol!

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum