NSW DER Laptops

A forum for teachers that are using the NSW Digital Education Revolution (DER) laptops

You are not connected. Please login or register

no luck with printer

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 no luck with printer on Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:56 am

tried several methods of installation and a no go. Windows wanted to look for updates but was only allowesd to go so far. I am guessing adminstrator rights. Downloading driver info manually ok but then it won't run comes up with windows vista not supported even though i have downloaded a driver for XP. Can't update forefront client securty(i am assuming the virus software) on bottom taskbar. not aving much luck today at all. Basketball

View user profile

2 Re: no luck with printer on Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:06 am

Plug and play should work - what type of printer? I had huge problems with my HP 1200 with Windows 7 until the right update came out.

View user profile

3 printer worries on Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:00 pm

Lexmark X2470. It looked ok at the start, lloked like it was searching for updates, but then spat the dummy. sent me to the lexmark site to download the driver which i did for an XP operating system . All looking good and then when i open the driver it goes thru the process and comes up windows vista not supported which has me baffled as i chose xp as the operating system, then i went for an XP professional driver and the same situationh occurred. so i am open to suggestions. Basketball go figure!!

View user profile

4 Re: no luck with printer on Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:16 pm

My understanding is that the proper build will allow us to print to DET licenced/procured printers only - so a couple of HP models. Any other printer that would need a driver will be a no go due to our inability to run exe files, right?

In my school, we print to DET prcured Fuji-Xerox copiers... But I've seen no mention of these copiers as being something we'll be able to print to.

So, I guess, my students will need to save to thumb drives (which require no drivers to run, so that rules out a few brands!) then go to a lab to print any work.

View user profile

5 Re: no luck with printer on Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:02 am

Should be able to add network printers, if you know the IP address...

View user profile http://nswder.forumotion.net

6 Re: no luck with printer on Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:14 am

Even if that printer requires a driver?

View user profile

7 Re: no luck with printer on Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:28 pm

alisa.williams wrote:My understanding is that the proper build will allow us to print to DET licenced/procured printers only - so a couple of HP models. Any other printer that would need a driver will be a no go due to our inability to run exe files, right?

In my school, we print to DET prcured Fuji-Xerox copiers... But I've seen no mention of these copiers as being something we'll be able to print to.

So, I guess, my students will need to save to thumb drives (which require no drivers to run, so that rules out a few brands!) then go to a lab to print any work.

Couldn't have put it any better myself. Oh and Xerox are supported as well as HP supposedly. But I haven't tried. Schools will also need to set up a print service on the server to access certain printing from the laptops.

View user profile http://det.nsw.edu.au

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum