NSW DER Laptops

A forum for teachers that are using the NSW Digital Education Revolution (DER) laptops

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's the go with virus protection on these laptops?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

There's some Microsoft Forefront thingy (can't check it because I have to use my mac to write this) but I'm not allowed to do anything with it (eg update, etc) and as a result I have a taskbar icon that is filling up with ominous messages re matters that need my attention.

At first I (and others) explained it away by guessing that the laptop's security was somehow being magically handled by "head office", but I've just re-read the info that the dept. put out for parents and it specifies that the laptops' antivirus /antispyware software is MS Forefront.

I conclude that my laptop is unprotected. Do others have the same issue, and am I drawing the right conclusion?

View user profile
Once the T1 devices are re-imaged they will get updates (virus, windows and software) automatically while connected to the DER wireless.

Remeber that these devices have rolled out early with a release candidate version of windows so that teachers can explore the devices prior to sudents getting them. As such there can be expected to be some teething problems - not all the infrastructure is installed in schools yet.

View user profile http://sts.sydneyr.det.nsw.edu.au

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum