NSW DER Laptops

A forum for teachers that are using the NSW Digital Education Revolution (DER) laptops

You are not connected. Please login or register

games on laptops

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 games on laptops on Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:04 pm

students got ther laptops today and seem very excited. Imagine my surprise when one student already had so e games on his desktop from his memory stick and was playing them at lunchtime. I was under the impression that no programs could be added. I would like someone to explain to me why i can't run stu's double jeopardy, an educational tool from my laptop due to group policies yet students can play games on theirs!! PLEASE EXPLAIN!!!!! Basketball

View user profile

2 Re: games on laptops on Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:41 am

It takes a little while for group policies to be picked up. By the second login I would expect that the games will no longer work - that's what happened to me with GoogleEarth

View user profile http://nswder.forumotion.net

3 Re: games on laptops on Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:37 am

well that seems fair does that mean once connected to the internet at school it should kick in Basketball

View user profile

4 Re: games on laptops on Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:32 am

if the program runs without needing to install anything not sure you can stop it

basically I have given up even thinking about what the kids put on their laptops
all comes under the "outside my sphere of control" clause I am told to not worry about

View user profile

5 Re: games on laptops on Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:42 am

I see your point. Basketball

View user profile

6 Re: games on laptops on Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:20 am

Now that .exe files are blocked, everyone is playing flash games. Surprised

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum